Commercial Office Building
Project: Commercial Office Building
Scope: Parking Structure Restoration
Duration: Five Months
Description: Repair and restoration of a commercial office building, multi-level parking structure constructed in 1972.
- Coordination of repair activities with building management personnel to minimize disruption of garage and building functions.
- Below-grade parking structure repairs, including double tee connection repairs, double tee stem repairs, double tee flange repairs, overhead concrete patching, shotcrete re-application, cast-in-place foundation wall repairs, and foundation wall epoxy crack injection
- Upper-surface parking structure repairs, including removal and replacement of control and cove joint sealants, and concrete topping slab repairs
- Traffic deck waterproofing, including surface preparation, installation of BASF Traficguard EP35 skid-resistant, epoxy-based concrete overlay system on ramp (1,500 SF), and installation of BASF Conipur II heavy-duty, polyurethane traffic deck coating system on the upper surface parking deck (70,000SF)
- Re-stripe upper surface parking deck
- Civil repairs, including landscape re-grade, burrito drain installation, removal and replacement of concrete drain pan, installation of chase drains, and installation of concrete curbing
- Health and safety of tenants and general public throughout active jobsite
- Repair phasing critical to allow continuous parking structure operation and tenant access
- Fast-track construction schedule to ensure installation of traffic deck waterproofing prior to adverse weather conditions